Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Nature Of Opinions- CAUTION: SATIRE

During my not entirely inconsiderable time spent on this planet, I have gathered enough knowledge of the world and its inhabitants to form a rather complex opinion on several different topics, the nature of which I will not bore you with. Along my journey as a student of life, I have met a significant number of people, many of whom had opinions. (For example, one woman became violently distressed when she discovered a roll of toilet paper looped under rather than over). However, no matter how many opinions I encountered, I never allowed myself to adapt to others personal beliefs.
I found it enormously upsetting when, upon cross-examination, the afore mentioned toilet paper woman disclosed that she acquired her phobia because her husband had the same dread of underdone paperwork. This was shocking to me that a perfectly normal individual with a capable head on her shoulders could be so easily manipulated by the ideals of those around her.
It was at this point that I (rather exasperatedly) told her that God had placed within our skullular orbs something that is called a brain, with the full intent that we use it to the best of our own ability. The woman looked rather taken aback before she proclaimed that she would rethink her position on the toilet paper issue.
But my point, dear reader, is that when one expresses one’s own opinion, it is all together too often taken as fact. It is not criticized, nor is it expanded upon. It is simply taken comme est by our fellow man and lodged into his or her cranium without any auxiliary consideration. To further dissuade this mass brain-washing, I personally believe that all expression of opinion should be discouraged within the boundaries of this great country of ours.
It is my humble belief that as humans, we are unable to extricate ourselves from this eternal cycle of reused ideas therefore making our existence nonprogressive and pointless. (Feelings which have been supported by a Nihilist doctor acquaintance of mine). I have been so providential as to have removed myself from this perpetual merry-go-round through the use of deep meditation and aroma therapy.
Alas, many of my fellow homo sapiens are simply not capable of opening their proverbial umbrellas against a virtual torrent of opinions, thoughts, and beliefs that are thrust upon them in their every day lives. I feel it is my duty to do my utmost to prevent this deluge of outlooks from being unleashed onto my brethren thereby soiling their independent minds.
I feel that the great Norbet Platt summed my rationale in its entirety when he said the following: “The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium.”

No comments:

Post a Comment